Monday, August 10, 2015

My 600lb life...

I have been watching a show called my 600 lb and am amazed by how big the human body can get.  

The more amazing part is that it can happen to just about anybody.  You start by eating an extra helping here and there and before you know it you have gained an extra 10, 15 20, 50 , 100, 200, 400 lbs!!!

After having my daughter I was on track to lose all the weight I had gained during pregnancy.  Since I was breastfeeding I was able to eat more calories that usual and not gain weight.  After 12 glorious months of being at home with my baby it was time for me to get back to work.  

That meant I would eat out for lunch, sometimes burgers sometimes my mom would cook amazing mexican fatty foods.  They were delicious, but not good for me.  Because of that extra eating, and less breastfeeding, I gained weight.  In fact, I now weigh TEN pounds more than when I was about to give birth to my daughter.

It is hard a lot of days to get up and go for a walk.  Or take 5-10 minutes for some light weight exercising.  But I have to do it.  Diabetes runs in my family as does high blood pressure.  I do not want to be a victim of those diseases.  I want to play with my daughter pick her up run with her.  I have to lose at least 50 lbs.  That is more than healthy for me.  200lbs on my 5'3 frame is not healthy.

I have to motivate myself to do this for me and my family.  But it is HARD, HARD, HARD.

 A lot of days I just feel like going out and buying more clothes to fit my bigger body, but that will make me complacent.  

I have to do this.  There is no option to fail.

None.

No comments:

Post a Comment